Thursday, December 27, 2007

The day after Christmas.

The day after christmas is different for many some get to go back to work and some get to have a vacation for as long as they want... I however was not so lucky returning to the world of call center for a cable company is not what you would call a great thing to look forward too. Everyone with their brand new laptops, computers, and HD tv's. And when they say I want it installed today or tomorrow and you say I'm sorry, but I can't get someone out until after the first of the year they threaten to disconnect their service and want to speak to a supervisor. I walked into work today and I took 67 calls. 42 of them went that way... a customer not getting what they wanted when they wanted and then requested a supervisor.
And imagine how you would feel if you recieve a call from your doctor in the middle of your shift an hour and a half before your lunch, about results from your ultrasound that need to be discussed. And when you call them back you have to wait again. For them to call you back. And when they call you back they say that when they examined the ultrasound pictures they found that my baby (90% girl 10% boy ultrasound tech wasn't totally sure she had her legs crossed) may have club foot which is where the baby's feet are curved to the inside so they have to walk on their ankles and it can cause serious defects and handicaps in the babys life if not treated. My doctor informed me of this and suggested that I go to another ultrasound a "target ultrasound" so that they can take a good look at the feet to see if she/he does in fact have Club Foot. I couldn't help myself I automatically thought I did something wrong. And as it turns out the leading cause of ClubFoot is genetics and exstacy use. Which I never have known to have it in my family, and I have never once in my life touched exstacy.
So imagine my enjoyment to get out of work and see Mr. Builder waiting to pick me up from work. Greeting me with open arms and a offer to go on a date. I went home and got ready and saw National Treasure 2. It was a great movie I encourage anyone and everyone to go and see it. So yeah a pretty big day today.

2 comments:

Carla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carla said...

Congratulations for the baby.
About the clubfoot my son was born with bilateral clubfeet and he was treated by the Ponseti Method. It was a sucess!!!
I advise you to look for an expert in it... and look for it in the internet too... sorry for the bad english...
regards from Portugal :-)